Site Network: Website | Videos | Twitter | Subscribe | Links |

Stylo event left me completely awestruck. Honestly, I had my mouth hanging open for most of "A Couture Evening", presented by Visa and showcasing works by Albert King, A Breathing Palate by Stage cosmetics and the best of Michael Ong.

Breathing Palate by Stage cosmetics, a complete body art showcase. When Dato' Nancy Yeoh announced the programme for the night, I wondered how they'd get away with this sort of a show in KL, considering each body was to be a canvas with little clothing required. It turned out to be very tastefully done.

A mix of dancers and models used creative movement instead of your typical runway strut, making the showcase beautifully entertaining.

Overall, it was definitely a showcase to remember. I'd never seen anything like it in Malaysia, which I thought to be a tremendous step forward for our local fashion scene. I also loved that this particular showcase featured varying body shapes as compared to generic model figures.



The night ended with a surprise showcase of 120 local socialites and celebrities decked out in local designers' couture.

Which explained why the audience mostly consisted of celebrities decked out in OTT designs.

(Article by tonguechic.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment